Sunday 12 May 2013

Tel - 12/5/13 - New Look 6808 step 1

After a very busy week, I've managed to get started on the New Look 6808 top B pattern. From watching Sewing Bee, reading various (numerous!) blogs and just generally from a desire to reuse this pattern time and again, I decided to draft a copy of the pieces I would need to make the top. So this afternoon has been all about the first stage of that - the tracing...


These five simple pieces took an hour to produce - an hour! Five simple pieces to find amongst three massive sheets of pattern paper - all of which were taller than me when they were unfolded. We won't speak about the folding back together of them. They went back into their envelope - let's leave it at that.

Now, having had the BF check my measurements, I know for a fact I'm going to have to do a bit of creative drafting to get this to fit. Like most normal women, I do not conform to one dress size all over, so there's going to have to be some letting in at certain bits and letting out at others. Thankfully, my significant other got my old dressmaking dummy from out of the actic so I can now transfer my measurements onto that, and work from there.

Once the traced copy has been cut out, my next thought was to produce a muslin from it, probably using the copious quantity of Ikea roman blind fabric I bought a couple of years back to use for my freestyle embroidery project. It's not too thick, doesn't fray and I have loads of it incase I need to go back and revise what I was doing.

That is likely to be Friday now - day off! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment